Horror, Indie Video Games, and Deeper Insights – This Week We Play INSIDE by Playdead!
Casual gamer Justin Weaver and serious gamer Ryan Swindoll are joined by The Story Geeks co-host Sandra Dimas to dig deeper into Inside, a horror indie video game by Playdead!
- Inside (the game) can take around 3 and a half hours to complete and rewards replay. It can also be viewed on YouTube with or without a player commentary in less than 2 hours.
- IGN gave this game a 10 out of 10.
- It is the “spiritual sequel” to Playdead’s first game Limbo.
- This game is rated M for blood, gore, and violence.
- Spoiler warning: We jump right into the content and experience of this whole game.
- What does a game that centers heavily on mind control have to say about the value of individuals?
- The game’s creators have said very little about the meaning of this game, so how do we handle the variety of possible interpretations?
- Is the monstrous Huddle (or “Human Meatball”) the most human thing in the game?
- How can we find hope in such dark stories?
- Let us know what you think. Do you agree with our conclusions? Did we miss something? We want to hear what you think is going on Inside.
- Scroll down to our Patreon link to get exclusive content: more games to try!
Join us for our next conversation on What Remains of Edith Finch by Giant Sparrow with special guest, Jimmy Roth.
Do you love stories and storytelling – especially sci-fi, fantasy, and comic book movies? Join The Story Geeks Club! It’s FREE! Join The Story Geeks Club here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thestorygeeks/Unlock this content on Patreon!